The key to achieving good quality is creating a Culture of Quality – where everyone knows what to do, how they are doing, and are constantly looking for ways to improve. For quality leaders, it’s important to understand how to grow and foster a Culture of Quality as this leads to higher revenue, profit, customer satisfaction, and employee satisfaction.
Addressing this topic, Nils Nugteren, Vice President of Sales at AlisQI delivered an engaging webinar presentation. He talked about the impact of Poor Quality and that of Good Quality, elaborated on how a Culture of Quality helps organizations to become successful, and shared practical steps that manufacturers can take to influence organizational change. In this post, we’ll summarize the webinar – sign up for a new session of this webinar here.
The key tenets of a Culture of Quality
During the webinar, Nils talked about what a Culture of Quality (CoQ) looks like. After looking at warning signs of a weak CoQ versus evidence of a strong CoQ, he also discussed the three main tenets of a Culture of Quality:
- Ownership: holding each other accountable for outcomes, good or bad.
- Awareness: collecting and sharing relevant quality information so performance is transparent.
- Involvement: responsibility is shared; Quality is everyone’s responsibility, not just of the Quality team.
Create a Culture of Quality: a 5-step program
While it’s not difficult to imagine that fostering a Culture of Quality has numerous benefits, picturing how to create this may be rather blurry. In the webinar, Nils defined a 5-step program that drives a Culture of Quality:
- Ensure leadership commitment and role modelling
- Communicate consistently that Good Quality is Good Business
- Discuss and monitor quality metrics
- Implement regular training and development for employees
- Encourage employee involvement and feedback
To this, he added practical tips on how to achieve these five steps. He talked about how to convince leadership to adopt a Culture of Quality and shared interactive tools that help with the measuring of quality metrics and building the case for quality.
Watch a full session of this webinar to learn all about the tips and tools shared.
Register for our upcoming webinars
If you found value in this webinar, you might want to check out other presentations in this series. Register for free, and send us your questions, recommendations, or suggestions on what you'd like to see more of. We're thrilled to foster a community and evolve together in quality management!